The first known Church of God in the Denver metro area were outreach missions to the "down and out," located on South Santa Fe Boulevard and the other on Larimer Street in the area known today as, Lodo, and Downtown Denver. Brother William Elliot, a pioneer in the Denver area Church of God who moved to the state from Missouri with his wife Emma and their eight children in the early 1930's, said of those missions "Brother, I want to tell you, they were right down on skid row".
The two missions merged in the mid-1930's to form the first organized Church of God Denver at 33rd and Umatilla streets. Save for a couple periods of outstanding leadership on the state level of the Church of God in Colorado, the denomination would have remaind the small, localized church of its humble beginnings.
In the late 1960s and 1970s, Rev. Clifford Bridges served as the Overseer of the Church of God in Colorado, organizing the largest number of churches in the denomination's state history, and building the greatest number of new facilities. He had the forsight to bring a young, aggressive minister, Rev. Ray Sanders, to Denver as the Metropolitan Evangelist. The team led the single Church of God congregation, by now located at 5th and Fox, to divide in thirds, to become the Aurora Church of God, The Edgewater Church of God, (was Rocky Mountain and now Cornerstone Church of God) and the Thornton Church of God (was the North Hills Church of God and now The Good Life Church of God). New buildings were built for the first two churches, and the building of another congregation was acquired for the Thornton Church.
October 15th, 2014, the leadership of The Good Life Church of God under Rev. Mike Hammonds, voted to sell the building located at 8891 Poze Blvd. In the beginning of December 2014, the congregation voted to sell the building. By the end of December, the Church recieved 2 verbal offers without ever putting the building on the market. April 26th , 2015 the congregation held it's last service at the Poze location. At the sale of the church building 10 acres of property were purchased, located at 149th and Colorado Blvd with a view that only can be credited to the Creator, God. Plans are to build a church on this site to serve the growing community in that area.
October 1st, 2017, the congregation of The Good Life Church and Community Revival voted to merge into one congregation. The church merge has resulted in a name change, 1Church.
The church is currently meeting at The Rocky Top Middle School, 141st and York.